Monday, June 2, 2008

WELCOME HOME 5-5 ADA!!!

5-31-08 --  Welcome home 5-5 ADA!!!

Can there be any better part of any deployment than the final homecoming?  Sure R&R is obviously pretty okay, judging on the number of new babies waiting for Daddy.  A couple of these tiny little babies were meeting their fathers for the very first time.

There were screams of delight and tears of joy that rose through Wilson Gym on North Fort, Fort Lewis when the image on the screen reverted to live video of the plane landing and the men & women missed for so long deplaning.

Cell phones were answered and the tension and anticipation rose like a crescendo when the sound of these troops so long gone, were filing in on the other side of the curtain.  One little guy kept calling "Daddy!" and had to be held by the shirttails so he didn't just go through that curtain.

One of my favorites was a very proud Vietnam veteran waiting for his young son to return.  He was standing front of the Welcome Home sign, and I asked to take his photo, then we got talking and he asked that I get a photo of him and his son when they arrived. I was honored to welcome them both home and shake their hands.

It was also nice to hear a soldier ask me if I knew what job was harder than being a deployed troop.  I did ... The only job harder than being a deployed troop is to be that troops family.  Well done all!

I could tell you about all I saw, but why not just check it out.  Remember to click to enlarge the photo you want before you cut and paste it.  If you post them anywhere else please give credit back to "HeroToHero.US"

WELCOME HOME!!!

lj



No comments: