Monday, June 2, 2008

HELMETS vs SHIELDS @ CLOVER PARK HS

5-31-08 -- Lakewood, WA, Clover Park High School was the scene of the action.  It was the 4th Annual Helmets vs Shields Charity Basketball Game.  All proceeds benefited the Life Safety Charity Fund.

Now first thing I have to tell you is that I am NOT a sports reporter, so I feel I can come clean and tell you I have no idea what the final score was.  I had already photographed the 5-5 ADA homecoming and used up most of my flash card space.  Lakewood FF Rick Snodgrass was gracious enough to loan me an empty card to get the shots I was going for.  I ran back to my house after half time to down load the pix and by the time I got back to the game, the last rig was heading out.  So, in summation I cannot tell you the score.  Sigh.

I can tell you there was a lot of running and jumping, the uniforms were cute -- especially the firefighters, and there were excessive amounts of teasing back and forth.  It was all good-natured. 

At the opening there were 4 motorcycles on the gym floor, 2 each representing fire & police.  A piper from the LFD and Motors Bag Pipers set the tone, followed by the Honor Guard of the LPD & LFD & Boy Scouts.  The national anthem was sung in beautiful strong young voices that lilted in the echo of the hushed gym.

LFD Chaplains Larry & Diane Huffman said the invocation, the Chiefs made their wagers and it was game start.

There were raffle drawings and at half time we were all laughing with the antics of the Washington Cheer Academy & Charisma Dancers, some of whom were made up like mini Dolly Partons.  The Clover Park High School Band kept the  pace and the cheerleader quartet called cheers.

When last I saw the score, the firefighters were in the lead and the word "donuts" was being tossed as often as the ball.

Enjoy the photos, they are dark, or yellowed from the lighting in the gym, but they'll give a feel for the event.

LAKEWOOD POLICE PLAYER ROSTER ...


KEN HENSON ~ BRIAN WEEKES ~ SHAWN NOBLE ~ RYAN LARSON ~ JEREMY JAMES ~ JEFF MARTIN ~ TIM BORCHARDT ~ RONNIE OWENS ~ RICK BARNARD ~ LES BURTON

LAKEWOOD FIRE PLAYER ROSTER ...

CHIEF KEN SHARP ~ MIKE HARN ~ BRYSON LANE ~ ERIK MORIN ~ JO KINNEY ~ MICHAEL VIERGUTZ ~ NADRICE ROBINSON ~ LANE BLADOW ~ JONATHON TINSLEY ~ ADAM DOCKSTADER

By the way, if you know the final score, feel free to leave it in the comments section, k?

lj

No comments: