Sunday, September 28, 2008

The IAFF Fallen Firefighter Memorial - Post 1

9-20-08  There are so many photos, but so many more emotions for this post. 

I can tell you there were too many hugs, too many grieving families, too many flags presented, too many names added to the Wall ... So many, too many, good people lost.

Rather than read my words, I would rather you see what I witnessed.  No matter their protestations, these were heroes - they are heroes.  And I only hope to do honor to each of them and those who came to stand for them.

There were an awful lot of photos clicked on my camera that day ... Both behind the scenes and the actual ceremony.

I will upload them in a number of posts so that you have a better chance of finding the photo you are looking for.  Many will seem like duplicates, but as with most group photos, not everyone looks their best, you choose the ones you like.

Remember to "click to enlarge" before cutting & pasting any photos you want.  (Otherwise you'll get a thumbnail photo.)

If you'd like a better feel for the sights & sounds of the actual ceremony, check out You Tube.  One I just had sent my way is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_eTO3YCnzk

If you have other links to share, send them to me at HeroShirts@aol.com and I will post them here.

lj

No comments: